Tuesday 6 September 2011

Sosoetry – Niece J

It was my niece Josie’s birthday a few days past (yikes, 13 already – where does the time go?), and I went up to visit yesterday. While underway my mind started to percolate and I wrote a goofy poem about her. It didn’t take me long to figure out some rhyming couplets to try and sum her up.

Both my nieces are really great kids. I don’t see them nearly as often as I would like, but even my infrequent visits are a delight.

My niece Josie seems shy and quiet
but I know her and don’t really buy it
prone to bouts of silliness
given to fits of giddiness
she giggles
she squiggles
you’d never know it seeing her pull goofy faces
but all of her examinations she easily aces
this girl is certainly no fool
doing quite well in school
she reads loads each term
proud to be a total book worm
she’s always in a cheerful mood
knows to eat only healthy food
helps her mom in the kitchen
gladly offering to pitch in
Josie thinks her Wii is totally gnarly
and loves her adorable puppy Marley
she’s best of pals with Annie, her little sister
but they can squabble with the fury of a twister
she can dance up a storm
with fine acrobatic form
she’s proven to be very athletic
her soccer skills anything but pathetic
doesn’t complain if her knees are skinned
still managing to run like the wind
even her long legged uncle she can outpace
when he foolishly challenged her to a race
but the poor thing has never seen Star Wars
this should be rectified very soon of course.

2 comments: