Monday 10 January 2011

Type Design - Snug

Chatting with the guys from Snug, they were intrigued by the idea of turning the custom lettering they used in their logo into an actual typeface. It opened up possibilities for use in advertising materials.
I took the characters from the logo, added characters that were missing, came up with some alternate characters, set up spacing and kerning, etc. I also added a bunch of their logo variants into empty key slots for convenience.
Designed in conjunction with Tony Elston.

2 comments:

  1. Hey buddy. do you have a working model of this font or is it just for show??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it’s a working font all right, but the agreement was that it is for my use and Snug’s. Snug may not be a functional entity, but I’m still friends with them, and I’m not about to betray their trust.

      Delete