Tuesday 16 March 2010

Sosoetry – Brenda

Back when I was living in Aylmer I got into writing these silly little poems about my friends and co-workers. To me they were just a fun little mental exercise. Now to read this one you might think I hated this woman, but in reality we got on really well. We had sort of an antagonistic, squawking siblings relationship. She would have to try and get digs in at me, and I would have to invariably razz her about something. She was a customer service rep, who primarily dealt with one client. They were all a bunch of whacked out coke heads if you ask me. They were always asking for near impossible requests, and I would have to pester her about it. As much as we teased her endlessly in our department, she gave back as good as she got, and she was someone that I really liked working with. But despite being miracle workers she would never fulfill our demands for delicious confectionery products.

Oh, that Brenda Miller
Sometimes I just want to kill her
She lives happily in her bubble
Creating all sorts of trouble
She’s very short and perky
And never fails to irk me
Frankly she’s a big pain in the ass
Because all I get from her is sass
Her non stop demands to hurry
Cause me no end of worry
Oh no, here she comes acting aloof
Demanding yet another proof
We always manage to scrimmage
Over those loony crackheads at Images
I cut her quite some latitude
And still I’m pummeled by her attitude
Every time I try to give her a hug
She hauls off and gives me a slug
Try and try as I might
All she ever wants to do is fight
And even though we work till we go nuts
She refuses to pick us up some Spicers donuts

No comments:

Post a Comment