Friday 4 December 2009

In case anyone needs a Yule gift idea for me...

There was a bit on the news here yesterday about a guy who ordered a Lego pistol. It arrived at his work and he was so excited that he put it together at his desk. A neighbour across the lane way saw this (very realistic looking) pistol (you can cock it, take the mag out, etc.) and called the police. A while later the guy was being told to come out of his office with his hands up by a tactical team.

Of course my reaction was “That is so cool! I want one of those!”
So in case anyone out there wants to get me something for christmas but is at a loss as to what....

The MP-5 they have is awesome, but apparently they only ever made 12, since the parts were so obscure, and they no longer make it.

What it is is not even so interesting to me, but what does interest me is seeing how they managed to make it work. You can slide the frame back, and even lock the slide, pull the trigger, have it click, look down the ejection port at a round sitting atop the mag.


There is a Millennium Falcon from Lego. Yeah, yeah cool, Star Wars. Yeah, cool, the Millennium Falcon. Cool, lots of Lego pieces. But what interests me is seeing how they managed to figure it all out, and I would really love to see the book of instructions that must accompany it.

No comments:

Post a Comment