Friday 30 October 2009

HSGI Nalgene Pouch Modification

I got two of these High Speed Gear Nalgene pouches. One in olive drab, and one in black. Typical HSGI quality. 
The only negative about it is that it’s meant for a bottle and not much else. I like having a pot to go with the bottle. Having just a cup or a pot on the bottom would make it a tight fit, but I wanted to use the Snow Peak Mini Solo, and that really made it a tight fit. 
I wrapped the clangy handles in hemp cord to silence them. What I really need to get for on there is some sort of fire proof tape.
To help get everything back out of the pouch, I installed a lifter strap. This shows it sewn into the back.
The two grey dashes above the webbing…
…are the sewn edges of a tab to keep the lifter strap in place.
Even with the lifter strap in place it’s still a challenge to get the cup and the lid out. But it’s still better than not having it there.

Since these photos were taken I got a bunch of stuff from Kifaru, including a LiterPlus Pouch. This is the pouch I now keep all this in, and the HSGI Nalgene is where I keep my second bottle.

1 comment:

  1. I like the lifter strap!
    Need one of those in my bed for the am...

    ReplyDelete