Saturday 17 October 2009

House

You’re probably looking at this picture of a house and a cut off picture of the house beside it and wondering what the big deal is. It’s a house. Big deal. Is it my house? No.
I helped build those houses. The two in the center of the picture and the one on the left. I was back in that town the other day with my brother, so I swung by there to have a look at them. I hadn’t seen them since they were literally just the frames with the roof on, 5 years ago.

In one sense I’m glad I spent some time learning how to build a house. Useful skill to have. But all in all, I hated the job. The man I worked for is the king of Assholistan, and doing it in the dead of winter made it into a brutal ordeal.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing to do with the House, but I just enjoyed several of your Songs OTD as I was writing a post again. Delightful. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete