Tuesday 1 September 2009

Totally Tubular – Swipe’mups

The swipe card has become a fact of life for many people. Almost as ubiquitous as the swipe card is the retractable lanyard. While admittedly handy, the little clip meant to hold it onto the belt leaves something to be desired. Knowing that it would likely pop off at some point, I decided to make something a little more secure.

I popped the belt clip off, and used a single piece of tubular webbing to form both the holder and the loop.

The little plastic snap meant to hold the card itself on is completely useless. I sewed it on to the ring with a small piece of webbing.

I made the red one in 05, and when I got a belt that was too wide to fit it, I then made the black one with a wider loop in 07.

Sewn by hand on the daily train commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment