Monday 14 September 2009

Kifaru Chamber Pocket (Plus)

Every Kifaru pack comes with a Chamber Pocket. About the size of a pencil case, it hangs in the top of the pack and makes for a great place to store small items in order to avoid having them end up in the bottom of the pack. Great feature.
I have a number of patches that I’ve sewn velcro onto the back of so that I can swap them around. On packs, on hats, etc. I figured that sewing two strips of 4" loop Velcro onto the Chamber Pocket might provide me with a good place to store them.
As it looks in its original form.
With Velcro sewn on and patches stored. 
Chamber Pocket (Plus) hanging in the top of the Kifaru MOLLE Express. When you get right down to brass tacks, they’re useless flair, but they sure are fun. They’re a fun souvenir of all the places I’ve hiked or canoed, and they jazz up a pack a bit. They can interject a bit of humour, tell people where you’ve been, I have bright orange reflective patches that I can slap on if I have to walk along a road.

2 comments:

  1. I an interested in the bright orange reflective patch. Have any pics of it? I want to have something like that for biking or something, and then remove it when I want to be sneaky ninja. Something I can put on the "Mother Ship" and take off and store inside. I will have to sew a chamber pocket of my own for the MS. Another good idea. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the closest picture I have is here.
      http://exploriment.blogspot.com/2009/10/danglemups.html
      Same material used. A reflective band for cycling from Mountain Equipment Co-op (www.mec.ca) Just some hook velcro sewn on the back.
      Oh here is a picture too.
      http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LPDIRMrRkr8/SujZWrNhUFI/AAAAAAAAC9A/iggtXWZtwQQ/s1600-h/ZXRonFantail.jpg
      Here also.
      http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LPDIRMrRkr8/SukABtEYrrI/AAAAAAAAC-0/Nd3-UJftHXg/s1600-h/DSCF8778.JPG

      Delete